THERE are only a few weeks remaining to see the Elvis: Direct from Graceland exhibition in the central Victorian town of Bendigo.
On now at Bendigo's historic Art Gallery through to July 17, Elvis: Direct from Graceland includes more than 300 exclusive items and artefacts that were once owned by the King of Rock 'n Roll himself from famous jumpsuits, vintage memorabilia and treasured personal items such as his wedding suit.
The thriving regional city has gone Elvis mad and is showcasing more than 30 Elvis-inspired experiences across the region. This includes a two-metre-tall Viva Bendigo installation that lights up at night in a remake of the iconic Viva Las Vegas sign and the iconic movie of the same name.
Here are just some of the things you can do in Bendigo over the next few weeks.
- Viva Bendigo Shake, Rattle & Roll Cocktail Tram: Every Saturday evening, get 'all shook up' and rattle along to iconic tunes whilst enjoying an Elvis-themed cocktail as you ride through Bendigo's historic streets.
- Jungle Room: Set in the historic 19th century conservatory in Rosalind Park, this playful, interactive display features tropical plants, iconic props, some imaginative sensory items, and a specialty musical soundtrack to honour the King.
- Cocktails & Gelato with the King: Enjoy the sweet combination of an Elvis movie, dessert & drink at MacKenzie Quarters. Book a beanbag, comfy chair or bar stool (with back support and table) whilst enjoying two scoops from the MQ Gelato Bar. Iconic Elvis films such as Kissin' Cousins, Paradise, Hawaiian Style and Clambake will screen over three nights in June.
You can also enjoy Elvis-inspired food and drink specials around the region.
- Rock-A-Hula Laneway: In Chancery Lane find the Dispensary Bar & Diner and try their cocktail and snack menu inspired by the King's time in the tropics. Try the signature "Blue Suede Shoe" cocktail, a take on the classic Blue Hawaii.
- The King Ice Cream Sandwich: At Bendigo's trendy Hoogah Cafe treat yourself to The King Ice Cream Sandwich featuring peanut butter ice cream sandwiched between house-made banana bread with crispy bacon and maple syrup.
- An American Trilogy: Indulge in some decant treats inspired by the King's favourite flavours, including the 'Big Hunk O' Love' banana split, 'Jailhouse (hot) Chocolate' and 'The King of Choc' PB&J chocolate bonbon at Indulge Chocolates.
- Aloha from Bendigo Pacific Ale: Local favourites Cornella Brewery are brewing up a special release Pacific Ale with that Tropical Elvis in Hawaii-inspired flavour. You'll find it on tap at Shiraz Republic to enjoy alongside their wines, with live music on weekends.
Click here for more information.