Have you lost your exercise mojo, and feel too old or busy to do anything about it?
Has exercise become a chore rather than something that gave you joy? It doesn't have to be that way but it's up to you to make the change.
In the new book, Rediscover Your Athlete Within (Publish Central, $34.99), Dr Brett Lillie provides a practical guide to help you reconnect with your inner athlete.
Written for those at any fitness level, Dr Lillie draws upon over two decades of experience to help you rediscover your passion for movement, become more present, and become the master of your future.
By following a simple 10-step process readers learn how to:
- Rediscover what makes your heart sing and go after it;
- Connect to your past and your innate athletic abilities;
- Accept where you are now and allow yourself to dream big;
- Train your mind like an athlete and overcome setbacks;
- Understand your habits and how to shift them;
- Embrace simply strategies to stay on track.
- Motivational and filled with practical exercises, Rediscover Your Athlete Within empowers you to make small changes that have a profound impact.
The time to start is now.
Dr Lillie practised in his Sydney clinic for two decades.
With a Chiropractic Masters degree under his belt and many postgrad studies spanning across different disciplines, he focused on helping his clients find answers and solutions to musculoskeletal conditions, TMJ/orofacial issues and chronic pain.
He has recently moved with his family to Tasmania and has himself rediscovered one of his first loves - trail running.