AS many of us turn on our ovens while we're staying at home, Arnott's has released the recipes for some of their world-famous biscuits.
You can now try your hand at whipping up your very own batch of Scotch Fingers, Monte Carlos or Iced Vovos for afternoon tea.
Or for something more decadent, you can try some biscuit-inspired desserts such as Classic Nice Cheesecake or Salted Almond Tim Tam Brownies.
Arnott's Scotch Finger
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Makes: 16 biscuits
- 170g salted butter, softened
- cup (90g) soft icing sugar
- 1 cup (165g) plain flour
- 11/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a 30cm x 20cm rectangular slice pan and line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge of the pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and icing sugar for 2 mins or until pale and creamy. Sift the flour and baking powder over the butter mixture and mix on low speed or with your hands until combined.
- Press mixture into slice pan and smooth over with a pallet knife. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and using a small sharp knife, immediately slice 5cm crossways x 7.5cm lengthways into rectangular pieces. Then run the knife gently 1/2 way into the shortbread pieces, not touching the bottom, to make the finger indent. Let the biscuit cool in the pan for 10-15 min before moving to a cooling rack.
- Note: If you would like to imprint SCOTCH or your NAME into the biscuit, this should be done before the biscuit cools.
- Trim edges, if desired, before serving.
For more biscuit recipes click HERE