JAZZ up your traditional chicken roast with this spicy barbecue rub.
- 1 fresh chicken
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1-2 tsp cumin
- 1-2 tsp garam masala
- Chili flakes to taste
- Salt, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Mix all the spices, salt and pepper together in a bowl, and combine with a fork.
3. Place the chicken in a baking tray or dish and cover with the coconut oil.
4. Sprinkle the spice mix over the top and use your hands to rub the oil and spices all over the chicken evenly.
5. Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 1 ¼ hours to 2 hours, the time will depend on the size of your chicken and your oven. The chicken is ready when golden, and when the chicken juices run clear.
6. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 15 Minutes to 20 Minutes
7. Serve with vegetables or fresh salad.
Recipe courtesy of Changinghabits.com.au. They recommend using organic turmeric powder, coconut oil and seaweed salt.