TAKE advantage of in-season zucchinis by adding them to your breakfast for a healthy start to your day with this quick and easy recipe.
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Cook Time 15 Minutes
3 cups grated zucchini
3 cups grated carrot
3 tsp coriander powder
3 pinches of Seaweed Salt
1 cup chopped coriander
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
¼ cup of buckwheat flour
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
Coconut Oil or butter
1. Add the grated carrot and zucchini into a bowl and sprinkle the salt over the top. Allow this to sit for a few minutes.
2. After a few minutes, some of the water from the vegetables will be drawn out because of the salt. Discard the water (we got rid of roughly 1/4 of a cup).
3. Now add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix together to combine.
4. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add some coconut oil or butter and allow it to melt and cover the entire pan.
5. Add 3 dollops of the batter into the pan, evenly spaced apart to create 3 fritters, cook each side until golden brown and cooked through.
6. When they're cooked, place them onto a plate.
7. Continue cooking the fritters in batches and adding butter or coconut oil to the frying pan as needed.
8. When they’re ready to serve, enjoy.
* Edited recipe courtesy of changinghabits.com.au