The housing system is failing older people.
I'm the senior news journalist at The Senior newspaper, the leading publication bringing targeted news on issues affecting older Australians. We cover NSW, Victoria, Queensland, Tasmania, SA and WA. If you have a story idea I would love to hear it. You can email me: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone The Senior 02-4355-5000, mob. 0487495 805
NSW treasurer Matt Kean confirms a budget deficit of $11.3 billion, three times higher than the state government forecast six months ago.
Val Fell watched the Queen's coronation in 1953, now awarded the OAM in the Platinum Jubilee year.
Many drowning deaths of older people occur at or near home, says Royal Life Saving Society - Australia.
- Continence foundation out to convince men not to ignore these all-important muscles.
- Cutting your grocery bill takes planning and flexibility - and knowing your budget.
- Bob Cheek talks about what it's like to keep the wheels turning at 78, launching a business at 65 and how it took him 40 years to become an overnight success.
- SleepKeeper makes easy work of taking your own pillow while travelling.
- We have two double passes to see a new romantic comedy set in the brutal world of opera singing competitions to give away.
- An armchair view of Venice on the big screen will transport you the much-loved city.
- Pack six iconic Torres Strait experiences into one big day out from Cairns.
- No passport is required to cross water to one of Australia's largest island escapes.
- The 'face' of Toblerone is instantly recognisable while staying at Zermatt, an iconic ski resort.
- Take in the fun and colour of Victoria's great goldrush rural cities on this amazing journey by rail and road.