LOVE a sweet treat but want to reduce your sugar intake? Try these date scones instead.
- 1 cups of self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50g butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 whole egg
- 50g Medjool dates, chopped (or use raisins or sugar free choc chips)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C fan-forced.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener and salt. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. In a small bowl combine the egg and milk. Slowly add the mixture to the crumbs until the mixture comes together (be careful not to over mix).
4. Fold through the dates and any additional inclusions
5. Place the mixture on a lightly floured work surface. Using a rolling pin roll the mixture out to 2 inches thick.
6. Pat dough into a 2cm-thick round. Using a 5cm (diameter) round cutter, cut out 12 rounds. Press dough together and cut out remaining 4 rounds. Place scones onto prepared baking tray, 1cm apart.
7. Sprinkle tops with a little plain flour. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and well risen. Transfer to a wire rack.
8. Serve warm.