Australians are being urged to stay vigilant as the national death toll from COVID-19 reached 100.
The warnings from senior government figures come after the death of a 93-year-old resident at Sydney aged care facility Newmarch House - the centre's 19th since the COVID-19 outbreak at the facility, with 17 directly attributed to COVID-19.
Alice Bacon, 93, died early on Tuesday at the Anglicare-run aged care facility in Sydney's west.
Aged Care Minister Richard Colbeck reminded Australians to maintain physical distancing and strict hygiene measures to ensure the nation continues to flatten the curve.
Mr Colbeck said he was deeply saddened by the latest death at Newmarch House. "Our thoughts are extended to all those affected by this latest loss," he said.
"The deaths at Newmarch House underline the dangers COVID-19 pose for vulnerable and senior Australians.
"We are not out of the woods. Protecting our most vulnerable is everybody's responsibility."
Health Minister Greg Hunt it was vital Australians continued to followed government health advice to get through the pandemic.
"This tragic toll reminds us that even as Australian states and territories move toward easing of restrictions, the threat of this virus remains," he said, reminding the public to "stay alert, follow physical distancing guidelines and look out for each other."
"We extend our deepest sympathies to all those people who have lost a loved one as a result of this pandemic," he said.
"Together, we can do this."
Mr Colbeck said the new Aged Care Visitor Access Code, released earlier this month, set out a nationally consistent framework to ensure the health and wellbeing of aged care residents remained a priority while ensuring important social connections were retained.
He urged Australians to download the COVIDSafe app to help health authorities know who has been in contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus.
The CovidSafe app can be found on the Department of Health website.