Forget about ordering takeaway - this mouth-watering gourmet pizza from MasterChef winner Elena Duggan will be ready in under 30 minutes.
Serves: 2 Preparation: 5 minutes Cooking: 15 minutes
200g lamb steak, sliced finely
1 large pizza base
150g baby mozzarella/ bocconcini
150g large heirloom tomatoes, sliced thinly or cherry tomatoes cut in half
1 bunch basil leaves, to serve
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
2. Place base on a pizza stone or tray and spread pesto evenly all over, leaving a 1cm border around the edge.
3. Evenly place tomato slices all over pizza ensuring topping in each slice.
4. Toss lamb slices in salt, pepper and a little oil, then scatter evenly over pizza.
5. Place bocconcini evenly over pizza. 6. Put pizza into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until crust is browned, cheese has melted, and lamb is just cooked. 7. Scatter fresh basil all over to serve.
Either lamb leg or lamb loin cuts would also work perfectly for this recipe. Get creative with toppings and work with what you've got in the fridge or cupboard. You can either make your own pizza base on the weekend and freeze or buy premade in the supermarket.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Lamb.