LAMB mince is the star of this easy recipe that’s perfect for entertaining or lunch with the grandies.
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 8 small buns
- Mesclun mix (or other leafy greens of your choice)
Charred tomato relish
- 4 roma tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses
Cucumber and mint salsa
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
Red pepper mayo
- ¼ cup bottled charred red peppers
- ½ cup good quality mayonaise
- 2 tsp harissa sauce
To make the lamb sliders, combine the mince, onion, garlic, cumin, parsley and egg. Stir and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Shape into 8 small rissoles. Place onto a tray and chill in the refrigerator.
To make relish heat a char grill over a high flame and cook the tomato wedges until charred on all sides. Remove to a bowl. Roughly chop, add paprika and pomegranate molasses and season with sea salt and pepper.
To make salsa, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and season.
To make mayo, combine red peppers, mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon harissa in a food processor and blend.
To make sliders, heat a grill plate over a medium high heat. Cook the rissoles for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Lightly grill the buns, place a small amount of mesclun mix on the each base, top with the cooked rissoles and finish with a spoonful of red pepper mayo. Serve sliders with a selection of the relish and salsa in shot glasses or small glasses.
• When forming your patties make sure to use a light touch and don’t compact them too much – you’re aiming for a loosely formed shape that holds together but isn’t too compressed.
• To avoid overcrowding it is best to cook your mince in batches of 250g, otherwise your mince will start to stew!
Recipe courtesy of Australian Lamb