Encircled by pristine eucalypt bushland and the ancient sandstone cliffs fronting onto the Hawkesbury River at Berowra Waters, Calabash Bay Lodge resides at the apex of three national parks at an absolute waterfront and boat/seaplane access only location just 1 hour north of Sydney.
With floor to ceiling glass to take in the stunning views of the Hawkesbury sandstone cliffs, replete with ghost gums and angophora costatas, and changing moods year round to enjoy from the intimate relaxation spaces across its 3 levels, Calabash Bay Lodge is a stunning destination - far enough to disconnect, yet close enough to not spend all your time getting there.
As more of us seek unique, experiential, private and exclusive travel experiences, Calabash Bay Lodge delivers a serene setting in which to celebrate life, reconnect with nature, or bring the whole family together.
Year round there’s plenty to do and see:
- Enjoy a 5 course lunch or dinner with the Lodge's private chef in one of 8 possible dining spaces
- Head up river in the complimentary guest boat to a secluded beach for a gourmet picnic
- Kayak to a secret waterfall at the head of one of Calabash Bay's 3 navigable creeks, experiencing the tranquillity and peace of the remnant temperate rainforest
- Try out our Stand-up Paddleboards and experience the riverfront from a upright angle – or take a private lesson outside the Lodge if you’re an absolute beginner or looking to master the sport (additional charges apply)
- Return for a delicious pancake breakfast on the main deck, watching out for hungry kookaburras and the serene white bellied sea eagles that soar the mistrals above Calabash Bay
- Take a private yoga and meditation lesson on the Lodge's lawn or deck, overlooking the water (additional charges apply)
- Bushwalk to the eerie ruins of a Federation-era hotel folly atop Calabash Point
- See wild native flora in full bloom along the Great North Walk track in late Winter/early Spring
- Unwind with a hot stone or remedial massage by the waterfront to the sound of the lapping tides (additional charges apply)
- Enjoy our complimentary Aspar & Rohr Remedy spa goodies
- Indulge your inner restaurant critic at fine diner Berowra Waters Inn, or relaxed weekend long luncher Peat’s Bite.
- Arrive by 30 min scenic seaplane flight from Sydney Harbour over the Hawkesbury River and direct to the Lodge's private jetty (additional charges apply)
- Rainy days are covered with Netflix, Stan and an in-house movie library on AppleTV, as well as Foxtel Platinum HDTV, and classic and new board games.
A languid afternoon of cruising along Berowra Creek, taking in the Muogamarra Nature Reserve to the east, and Marramarra National Park to the west can be yours with our boating partner, Watershed.
This Solar powered boat is a novel way to experience the true tranquillity of Berowra Creek and the Hawkesbury River. With it’s completely electric engines, you’ll glide along in silence, permitting your group the opportunity to experience the true serenity and beauty of the two national parks bordering the river on each side.
A half or full day fishing session with our fishing guide offers serious anglers the opportunity to try their hand at a catch of one of the many abundant species in the Hawkesbury River, including bream, flathead, and mulloway.
A private yoga or SUP yoga class on the lawn or on water in front of Calabash Bay Lodge will also help you to find your centre while on your relaxing holiday.
For those with a boat license, take your stay to the next level with rental of our sleek Scandinavian 150hp Falcon boat.
Special offer for readers of The Senior
Calabash Bay Lodge is offering a 20 per cent Winter Earlybird discount, valid for stays from May through September 2019. Must book by 28 February 2019.
Book Now for 20 per cent off **
Rates start from $725 per night Monday to Thursday and $1250 per night Friday to Sunday, inclusive of up to 6 guests staying. A maximum of 8 guests plus 2 infants are possible. A range of catering-inclusive packages and other multi-night stay discounts are also available.
Instagram: @calabashbaylodge | Facebook: @CalabashBayLodge