IF YOU were too sick to speak for yourself, who would you want to speak for you? And, more importantly, what health care decisions would you want them to make?
Advance care planning is a heartfelt conversation and a personal statement that goes way beyond filling in a form. It's a commitment to honour and respect an individual's values and choices.
Advance Care Planning Australia (ACPA) supports people to make the best choices for their life and health care based on their personal values and beliefs.
Funded by the Australian Government, ACPA operates a free advisory service to help people start advance care planning for themselves or loved ones.
We're here to help
Our friendly advisory team can help with a range of information including:
- how to start the conversation
- how to make sure your goals, values and preferences are heard
- advice on how to choose a substitute decision-maker
- completing an Advance Care Directive
- accessing relevant forms for each state and territory
What are the benefits of advance care planning?
Advance care planning benefits everyone: the person, their loved ones and carers.
- It helps to ensure people receive the care they want.
- It improves ongoing and end-of-life care, along with personal and family satisfaction.
- Families of people who have an Advance Care Directive have less anxiety, depression, stress and are more satisfied with their loved one's care.
Call us now for personalised advice, 9am - 5pm (AEST) Monday to Friday.
Phone 1300 208 582.
Online resources, forms and information can be found on the ACPA website.
ACPA is supported by funding from the Australian Government.