THIS winter, why not take your puddings up a notch with this Baileys-spiked Butterscotch creation. When piping hot, it will warm your toes and there's plenty of sauce to go around too.
Serves: 6 Prep: 10 min Cook: 45 min Difficulty: easy
- 100g butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup (125ml) milk
- 3 tsp Queen Natural Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp (55g) golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups (190g) self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown (110g) sugar
- 1⁄2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp (550g) golden syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups (375ml) boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup (125ml) Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
- Icing sugar
- Double cream or ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced).
2. Grease a 1.5-litre baking dish or individual oven safe bowls with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine melted butter, milk, Vanilla Extract, golden syrup and egg, mix well. Add flour and sugar, mixing until well combined. Transfer to prepared dish and prepare sauce.
4. For the sauce, combine brown sugar and cornflour, then sprinkle evenly over the pudding mixture. Dissolve golden syrup in boiling water. Add Baileys (mixture may look a little separated but this is okay) and pour over the back of a spoon over the top of the cake mixture.
5. Bake for 45 minutes until golden.
6. Dust with icing sugar and serve in bowls with cream and an extra drizzle of Baileys.
TIP: For an alcohol-free version of this recipe, simply swap the Baileys for milk.
- This delicious recipe comes from Queen's new winter recipe ebook. For more recipes visit www.queen.com.au