SPONSORED ARTICLE: Win an iPad in COTA Australia Survey
Friday, 1st September, 2017
How much do you care about having choice and
control over your aged care services?
COTA Australia listens to the voice of all Australians. Older Australians have told us they want to continue to make their own decisions as they age, and to maintain control over the care and support services they receive in their own homes.
People using Commonwealth funded Home Care Packages have the option of being more involved in the day-to-day management of their package as much, or as little, as they want - but not everyone knows about this.
As part of our Increasing Self-management in Home Care Project, we are interested in finding out:
- What people already know about self-management in Home Care Packages,
- How many older people and their carers really want more choice and control,
- What sort of information or help do they need to self-manage their care and support services, and
- How many people would prefer to cash-out their package funds if they had the option.
COTA Australia is conducting a nation-wide survey and would like to hear from people who receive or are waiting to receive a Home Care Package. We also want to hear from carers and family members who are supporting someone who is receiving a home care package.
If you had the chance to self-manage your Home Care Package, what would that look like?
COTA Australia is listening and we want to hear from people who:
- Are receiving a Home Care Package and have not been offered the option to self-manage parts of your services or funds.
- Are receiving a Home Care Package and your provider offers self-management, but you haven’t taken up this option yet.
- Are already self-managing at the level that suits you and the person you care for.
- Would like to self-manage your entire package funding (as a fully cashed-out option) so you can purchase and pay for the care needs and services that you choose for yourself or the person you care for.
- Have ideas on personal home care budgets and the self-management of Home Care Packages even if you haven’t been assessed yet.
How we will use your information
Your answers to this survey will be used to build a picture of the self-management options that are currently being offered in home care around Australia. Once we know what older Australians want, we will help people to self-assess their readiness and ongoing capacity to successfully self-manage their Home Care Package.
We will do this by developing a checklist of necessary skills and knowledge that supports successful self-management, and create opportunities for education, capacity-building and consumer mentoring. Any responses or personal details you provide when completing the survey will remain confidential, will be de-identified and will not be shared with any third party.
Your voice is important to us
COTA Australia is planning a number of Coffee and Conversation meeting opportunities in most Australian capital cities during October and November 2017 to explore in more detail how older Australians feel about self-management options in Home Care. You can register your interest in attending one of these morning or afternoon teas at the end of the survey.
As part of this project we will be also be offering home care package providers the opportunity to participate in a fully supported trial of consumer and carer self-managed Home Care Packages. If you are interested in participating as a consumer or carer, please remember to tick the ‘ProjectTrial’ box at the end of the survey.
Please note, participation will be limited.
Complete the survey
To complete the survey and enter the competition to WIN AN iPad, click on the link below. Remember to leave your details once you have answered the questions. You can call COTA Australia on Freecall 1300 899 288 or 03 9909 7917 for assistance to complete the survey.
to participate in our survey or check the COTA Australia website for more details.
The survey will remain open until midnight on September 30, 2017.